WHO ARE WE?
We are a mostly informal group for those who dare to experience what the outdoors have to offer. By pooling together the resources and abilities within the club, and from our advisors, we are able to create the opportunity to experience natures adventurous edge one step further. This is an awesome group of people, always open to new members, and a fantastic way to meet new friends!
- We recently held officer elections! Check out the Club Officer Contacts page to meet them!
- Members made it clear at our last meeting that they would like to see more social events. If you have ideas for an event or outing let us know! Vice President Jenny is in charge of events.
- November 16th - Fall Frost, Contact Logging Sports Captian Chris Stout for more details.
- December 6th - College of Forestry inter club bowling tournament.
- January 18th to 20th - Club trip to the Redwoods!
- Winter Term - Mill Tours.
- All Year Round - Fun Stuff!
Stay up-to-date by joining our Facebook group!
FORESTRY CLUB HISTORY
A four-year course in forestry was first offered at Oregon State College (Now Oregon State University) in the fall of 1906 within the Department of Botany and Forestry under the direction of the School of Agriculture.
Scarcely two months after the fall term started, Professor E. R. Lake met one evening in his home with five forestry students, C. C. Gate, L. H. Stone, B. B. Totten, H. L. Currin and A. B. Mitchell. The purpose of the meeting was to establish a Forestry Club. The date was November 16, 1906.... (learn more)